John McPhilliamy is a partner in ADM’s Albertson office and is the partner in charge of the firm’s professional liability group. While practicing dentistry full time, he attended the evening program at St. John's University School of Law. In 1991, he began to practice law on a full-time basis while still maintaining a small private dental practice. He has lectured to and made presentations to not only local and international Dental Societies, but also to professional liability carriers and dental school students and residents. He has also testified as an expert in legal malpractice cases involving underlying dental malpractice lawsuits.
Dr. McPhilliamy handles claims involving medical malpractice, veterinary malpractice, pharmacy malpractice, allied health care and long-term care facility malpractice. In addition to handling civil claims, he has also represented professionals before the New York State Education Department Office of Professional Discipline, Human Rights Commission Justice Center and OASAS.
- Lectured to dentists at Risk Management Seminar for CNA Insurance Company and The Home Insurance Company.
- Lectured at Columbia University School of Dentistry and Montefiore Medical Center to dental students and dental residents on Dental Jurisprudence, Civil Litigation and Risk Management.
- Lectured on Dental Trauma to Claims Specialists at Traveler's Insurance Company and Mercury Insurance Company.
- Lectured to claim specialists at Intercare Insurance Services and AIG Insurance Company.
- "Lunch and learn" seminars to various entities on dental issues and claims.