Who We Are
Results & Resources
Tran v. Pool World, Inc., et al.
Michael C. Salvo
Michael C. Salvo and Danielle M. DeMarzo of our New Jersey office successfully moved for summary judgment on behalf of Pool World, Inc. ("Pool World"). This case involved a multi-million dollar claim resulting from a diving accident wherein the plaintiff dove into the shallow end of a residential swimming pool fracturing his neck and becoming a quadriplegic. The plaintiff alleged that Pool World, a replacement pool liner installer, was liable for the Plaintiff's injuries based on a Products Liability theory due to its failure to install adequate warnings against diving into shallow water. We initially successfully moved to bar the Plaintiff's expert's reports and testimony as inadmissible net opinions. Thereafter, we moved for summary judgment to dismiss all of the Plaintiff's claims. Plaintiff argued that despite the order barring his expert, there were questions of fact and that expert testimony was not necessary to move forward with the claims. We argued that Pool World owed no duty to the Plaintiff since there were no industry standards that required the installation of warning signs around a residential in-ground pool. We also argued that Plaintiff could not establish any cause of action against Pool World without expert testimony. The Court granted our motion and dismissed the Complaint and all cross claims (February 2015).
Newman v. RCPI Landmark Properties, et al.
Oldakowski v. Homestead Farm Estate, LLC., et al.
Tran v. Pool World, Inc., et al.
Chiapetta v. Bethpage UFSD
Barros v. Bette & Cring, LLC.
White v. Angela Boyd and James Russell
Dickerson Noel v. Oberman
Fernandez v. New England Motor Freight, Inc., et al.
Torres v. Verizon New York, Inc. and Empire City Subway, et al.
Ramirez v. Watts
Muha v. Fast Signs, et al.
Patrick J. Cooney obtains a defense verdict in an overcrowding case
Steven Zecca obtained summary judgment in a nightclub assualt case
• Sturkey v. 1824 Park Avenue LLP.
Teamwork Insulates ADM Client from $12 million Exposure
• Riverpointe Apartments v. MiddleSex Insurance Company
• Maureen Casey obtained a defense verdict in a slip and fall case.
• ADM Vacates "Binding" Arbitration Award Against Client
• ADM's William J. Mitchell Wins Dismissal of All Personal Injury Claims Against Our Retail Client
• ADM's Brian J. Donnelly Wins Defense Verdict for Client on Premises Liability Case
• ADM's Sean Hutchinson Prevails on Summary Judgment Motion in Personal Injury Matter
• ADM Settles Out of Hudson Yards Tunnel Construction Project Breach of Contract Action Against Our Client
• ADM's Angelo Bongiorno Settles Personal Injury Case
• ADM Prevails on Appeal of Negligence Verdict Against Our Client
• Steven D. Zecca Obtains Summary Judgment in New York City Sidewalk Case
• Lisa Pigeon Obtains Summary Judgment in a Premises Liability Case
• Lisa M. Pigeon Prevails at Traverse Hearing, Resulting in Dismissal of Claims Against Our Client
• ADM's Steve Zecca Wins on Workers' Comp Defense
• ADM's William J. Mitchell Wins on Petition to Permanently Stay Arbitration
• ADM's Thomas A. Montiglio Jr. Obtains Defense Verdict in Supreme Court, Nassau County
• ADM's Kevin Murtagh Receives Defense Verdict
• Samuel M. Goffinet Earns Dismissal in Property Damage Case
• ADM's Timothy Tuttle Obtains Dismissal in Case Involving Claims of Defective Automobile Maintenance
• ADM's Steve Zecca Obtains Defense Verdict in Construction Accident Case
• ADM's Neil Palmieri Obtains Defense Verdict in Boiler Accident Case
• ADM Partners Vincent S. Ambrosino, Nicholas M. Cardascia, and Glenn A. Kaminska Combine Efforts for Favorable Jury Verdict
• Brian Donnelly and Daniel Winter Obtain Defense Verdict in Premises Liability Case
• Steven Zecca and Michael J. Lezamiz Obtained Summary Judgment in a Dram Shop Case
• ADM's Jennifer Casey Wins Summary Judgment in the Eastern District of New York
• ADM's William J. Mitchell Wins Motion to Dismiss in Supreme Court, Suffolk County
• Thomas Colameo Obtains Defense Verdict in Supreme Court, Kings County